This is a 24 volt, AC electrically-operated valve that turns the water on and off to your humidifier. Preinstalled inside of the valve is a strainer screen, which filters the water before it passes through the valve, catching things like sand and dirt which could otherwise cause blockage. This valve needs to be replaced about every ten years, or more often if it fails and is stuck open or closed.
(Note: This valve operates on 24 volts, however some units are equipped with a 115 volt solenoid valve. Look closely at your old one to see what voltage it is rated at before ordering this valve. This item can be mounted on the left OR right side of the humidifier.)
Don't pay attention to the version, orifice size, part number or wattage printed on your old valve. The production of this item has been changed regularly so what is important is the voltage and your unit model number.
Also known as part 7014 and 990-46
- 1042 Bypass Style Humidifier 1 Needed
- 1042DM Bypass Style Humidifier 1 Needed
- 1042DME Bypass Style Humidifier 1 Needed
- 1042L Bypass Style Humidifier 1 Needed
- 1042LH Bypass Style Humidifier 1 Needed
- 1042WSC Bypass Style Humidifier 1 Needed
- 1137 Fan Powered Humidifier 1 Needed
- 709 Bypass Style Humidifier
- 709L Bypass Style Humidifier
- 709LH Bypass Style Humidifier